Bill Cosby hasn’t said much in the press since the slew of rape allegations against him surfaced back to back from over 50 women earlier this year. Now the comedian is firing back through a lawsuit against a few of his accusers saying that they fabricated their stories of sexual assault. In a 89-page court filing obtained by the Daily News, Cosby named seven of his alleged victims as defendants accusing them all of defamation.
“As a result of their false, opportunistic and malicious accusations, Mr. Cosby’s reputation has been irretrievably damaged, and his planned reemergence to network television destroyed as they intended,”
If you are one of those people who believes Cosby is guilty because he’s never screamed his innocence from the roof top, Cosby’s lawyer, Monique Pressley, is shouting it out now.
“Mr. Cosby states plainly that he neither drugged nor sexually assaulted the defendants,” Pressley said in a statement yesterday.
Joseph Cammarata, the lawyer for one of the victims, says Cosby’s suit is one of desperation.
“He’s got no easy way out, so this is his response,” Cammarata told The News. “All claims made against Mr. Cosby are now open for investigation based on his filing.”
Cosby is set to have his deposition taken in the case on February 22, 2016 and his wife Camille is due to be deposed on January 6, 2016. It looks like the new year will bring this to a head for all parties involved one way or another.